Friday, December 9, 2011

First blog

Okay, this is my first blog and I am not fully sure what I am supposed to do on a blog. There have been some things going around in my head and I figure I would write about those.
I was talking to a friend of mine a while back and we came upon the topic of "how did this come about?"
I mentioned that it seemed a bit ridiculous to me that we should park on driveways and drive on parkways. I mean shouldn't we call something what it is? She laughed and agreed. I could tell she had not really thought of that before.
Then, she said, "I have always wondered about the first person that ate an egg." I thought about that for a moment. I could not come up with an answer. She said, "What did they do, see a bird and say to themselves "I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes out of that birds but?" You know what I mean?" I laughed hard enough to make my stomach ache! I could picture some poor, hungry caveman watching the birds in the grass and thinking, "I am hungry enough to eat bird shit!"
I said, "What about the poor guy who had to eat the first moldy bread for antibiotics (Sorry cannot spell penasillan)? What do you think he was thinking?"
"You know someone had to be nearly starved to eat cheese for the first time!" She laughed.
Seriously, though, does anyone have any idea how these things came about, I mean I know about the antibiotics. 
Does anyone have any ideas as to how the eating of these foods came about?
  1. eggs
  2. cheese
  3. pigs feet
  4. pig nose
  5. cow tongue
  6. mountain oysters
  7. oyster
  8. clams
  9. mushrooms
  10. hot dogs
I would enjoy reading about any ideas you come up with. I may even share them in a blog sometime! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment